Thursday 1 September 2011

College Football Pigskinapalooza 2011

As I mentioned in this space last week, today begins a road trip soccer south short subject that chronicled here in a sea of ​​blue. Going back to college, I've always been fond of the tour, the chance to get away for a few days, a fun destination to hope, the opportunity to share some stories, taking the field and saving the party the most miserable they return home with a terrible headache for the end. Being a husband and father of two, the nature of most of my travel has changed in recent years. Now I enjoy planning (work the angles on tickets, hotel rooms and good food reserves) as much as anything. One of the reasons I'm probably never miss a bowl game and I celebrated Kentucky sixth victory this year.

The trip began to take shape several months ago when I realized that I missed the college football so much I want to participate open the 'wild against Western Kentucky-rival, place and time will be condemned. Once this decision was made, the option of taking my son was not an option at all. A word or two about this guy, because it is an important part of history.

E is eight years, living mainly in four ways, video games, Pokemon, soccer games and video involving Pokemon and football. With a bunch of quirks, including a near-photographic memory, he recited to me the statistics and the stories he read about the football in the books I've ever seen. When Kentucky's gone, it is not unusual that he and I to watch college football for 7-8 hours while you play catch a ten foot to play in our basement. Talk about what football has done for our relationship, yes, that's another story.

Star-gap

When planning to see the kick-off 21:15 in room three hours from home, you can embrace the school and work the next day goodbye. This course, I thought why not see another game in the south on Saturday? This "good ole boy network" that I heard in my life, finally paid off when a parent of a friend arrived with chairs Georgia-Boise State at face value, and Pigskinapalooza 2011 was officially born. J 'had thought of some games, including Auburn, Alabama and Ole Miss before the tickets went on sale. Despite the lack of bluegrass, I was very excited to see Boise State, and will be my first football game at the Georgia Dome.

As luck I have, my best friend in the first cycle (UCLA Bruins) is also a transplant from the south, living in Atlanta. A message on Facebook before E and I had a place to watch the UCLA-Houston on television fans as the Bruins mind (03:30 EST) and a place to lay his head on Saturday night after the great end.

That the hole left on Friday, while the less devoted to the head football can make a night out. Instead, a little 'research has shown that the twin defensive backs and Kentucky verbal commitment Daron and Zack Blalock is Walton (Ga) were playing in Milton High School (Ga), around Alpharetta that night. Almost free room through Priceline and Courtyard on Friday had been set. I can not wait to wear a dark blue game chatting with some of the fans and parents Walton.

A fan of British football in his own right, my wife was a saint through all this planning. She and my way of others hesitate to pre-teen daughter decided to join us for the first part of the journey before returning to peel in Mammoth Cave, on Friday and Mani-pedis and more time girl back to Lexington on Saturday. Then we will all be in Nashville tonight, applauding cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment